Happy New Year

12 Posts
4 Users
4 Likes
David S
(@david-s)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter

Wishing you all a Happy New Year.  Hope to meet some of you on a retreat this year 👍 

Posted : 01/01/2024 10:15 pm
Stuart Marshall
(@head-honcho)
Eminent Member Admin

Happy New Guitar Year to you David and to everyone else on the forum. I wish you all a great year of music ahead. I was thinking It might be a good idea to post on here which Guitar Retreats you have been on and which ones you are booked to come on this year also. Plus anything that you might be interested in attending that we could perhaps put together. Jazz fusion? Death Metal!?, 80s guitar? Brit Pop? Anything else that tickles your fancy!!!???

Posted : 02/01/2024 10:12 am
Huwjmusic
(@huwjmusic)
Eminent Member Registered

Happy New Year David, Stu and to everyone else on here.

May your New Year be prosperous and include some new guitars

Thought for today, is it possible be prosperous and have guitars?

Posted : 02/01/2024 10:23 am
Stuart Marshall
(@head-honcho)
Eminent Member Admin

is it possible be prosperous and have guitars? That's a definite YES! Currently considering a 12 string cutaway acoustic which I don't need, but really want! 

Posted : 04/01/2024 12:55 pm
Stuart Marshall
(@head-honcho)
Eminent Member Admin

It’s a Freshman with a K & K pick up fitted. Pre owned, plays like a dream. Amazing easy low action for a 12 string. Never thought I needed a 12 string cutaway until now! It’s on loan, but for how long? 😁

Posted : 04/01/2024 1:03 pm
Huwjmusic
(@huwjmusic)
Eminent Member Registered

• That's pretty Stu. I'm like that with 12 strings, don't really need one but would like to have one. Re pick up, I've got a K&K fitted in my D35 and love the natural sound they produce when amplified

Posted : 04/01/2024 1:10 pm
RussellR
(@russellr)
Active Member Registered

Happy new year to all, see some of you soon, in Alvor.

Posted : 09/01/2024 12:36 am
RussellR
(@russellr)
Active Member Registered

Nice Guitar Stu , what's next to it a Square Resonator ? 

Posted : 09/01/2024 12:39 am
Stuart Marshall
(@head-honcho)
Eminent Member Admin

Hi Russ, it’s a hand built resonator style box guitar, built by good friend of mine here in Bude. He uses all kinds of recycled materials to create unique individual instruments. They all have their own sound and soul. Some of the sound amazing like the one James Dixon plays which is called The Weight after the song by the band. They are works of art. This one is called French Connection because of the art work on the back. Take a look at his Instagram for more examples. He builds mostly to commission now. I don’t play this much but it’s great for slide and looks fantastic as a work of art! https://www.instagram.com/dirtboxguitars?igsh=ZzM1b3E5Ym01ZTQ5

Posted : 11/01/2024 5:27 pm
Stuart Marshall
(@head-honcho)
Eminent Member Admin

More pics of French Connection

Posted : 11/01/2024 5:28 pm
Stuart Marshall
(@head-honcho)
Eminent Member Admin

And another!

Posted : 11/01/2024 5:29 pm
RussellR